Complex Civil Litigation
Maryland Tax Lawyer Litigating Complex Civil Disputes
Thorn Law Group provides sophisticated representation to clients involved in complex civil disputes. We are a team of seasoned litigators prepared to handle a diverse range of civil cases on behalf of individuals, businesses, trusts, banks and other institutions in the Maryland region, across the nation and around the world. Our lawyers are well known for their ability to successfully litigate complex matters involving multiple parties and often taking place in several jurisdictions.
The attorneys at our firm work with clients to develop sound litigation strategies in a broad array of cases, including:
- Civil Litigation - Our lawyers represent individuals and entities in complex cases in both federal and state courts. We are well-positioned to litigate a large variety of civil matters, ranging from trust, bank, and fraud issues to construction and real estate disputes.
- Trust Litigation - The federal government has stepped up its efforts to identify and investigate matters involving the misuse of foreign trusts. The tax and reporting rules governing trusts are complex and extremely challenging to navigate without skilled legal guidance. The international tax attorneys at our firm have a keen understanding of these rules and are fully prepared to litigate cases involving both international and domestic trusts.
- Business Litigation - Thorn Law Group has extensive experience representing both individuals and institutions in wide variety of national and international business disputes. We provide strategic advice and aggressive representation in matters involving public, private and offshore banks, U.S. and foreign financial institutions and other entities throughout the United States and around the globe.
- International Litigation - In today’s global economy individuals and institutions are increasingly finding themselves dealing with complex international disputes. Thorn Law Group is experienced in handling international conflicts, including matters involving offshore accounts and Foreign Bank Account Reporting (FBAR), international trusts, anti-money laundering, international banking, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and residency and source of income cases.
- Banking & Financial Institution Disputes - The attorneys at our firm have an extensive understanding of the banking rules and regulations in the United States and many jurisdictions around the world. We represent individuals, public and private banks, offshore banks, U.S. financial institutions and foreign financial institutions in both private litigation and matters before governments and courts.
- Director and Officer Liability - The legal team at Thorn Law Group represents corporate directors and officers in cases alleging negligence, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, breach of loyalty, and insurance coverage disputes. We understand the sensitive nature of these claims and are committed to developing legal strategies that minimize exposure and protect our clients’ professional reputations.
Discuss Your Dispute with Our Experienced Legal Team
Whether the conflict involves an individual or institution, Thorn Law Group can provide the advice and representation necessary to successfully resolve the most complex civil disputes. We are a team of strong and aggressive litigators who know what it takes achieve a positive outcome for our clients. You can contact our Maryland offices to schedule a confidential consultation by calling 240-235-5096 or emailing Kevin E. Thorn, Managing Partner, at firstname.lastname@example.org.