Baltimore Tax Attorney
WHY HIRE A BALTIMORE TAX ATTORNEY AT THORN LAW GROUP?
When it comes to tax counsel and legal representation in Baltimore, Maryland, you want to know that you and your case will be in good hands. With so much on the line, you cannot afford to trust your financial future to attorneys who do not make tax law their first priority. Instead, you need a team that is effective and solution-oriented, with a reputation for client satisfaction.
Managing Partner Kevin E. Thorn and his team have a history as former IRS tax attorneys. As a result, they know the ins and outs of the tax law sector and can guide you through the complex legal process with ease. Their insight and perspective offer clients a comprehensive experience, from start to finish. Whether you are an individual, corporation, or somewhere in between, Thorn Law Group can help you with all your tax-related matters.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
Based in Washington, DC, Thorn Law Group is led by Kevin E. Thorn. Attorney Thorn is a former IRS Attorney and United States Tax Court Clerk. He brings these experiences to his tax law practice, where he is prepared to handle a variety of cases, including: federal tax disputes, tax controversies and tax litigation problems. With offices in Maryland, Virginia and New Jersey Thorn Law Group represents clients in Baltimore, across the country and around the world.
It is no coincidence that our main office is located in Washington, DC, where tax law policy is created, enforced and resolved. Attorney Thorn values this location, as it provides him with the ability to further grow his professional connections so that he can better serve his clients. Washington, DC provides the additional opportunity for each attorney to work in close proximity to and with the IRS, United States Tax Court, Department of Justice, Court of Federal Claims, state courts, the IRS’ Office of Professional Responsibility and the IRS Whistleblower Office. That being said, the firm also has offices in Maryland, Virginia and New Jersey. Individuals and businesses looking for quality legal representation can turn to any of our locations for swift assistance with a variety of tax-related issues. Those in Baltimore have convenient access to our practice in Chevy Chase.
In addition to having multiple practice locations across the United States, our firm’s legal team possesses extensive knowledge in all areas of tax law. All the attorneys with Thorn Law Group have prior government, private law firm and accounting firm experience. As a result, you can rest assured that your tax law case will be in good hands.
WHAT CLIENTS ARE SAYING
- “The attorneys at Thorn Law Group were so knowledgeable about the way the IRS Criminal Investigation Division works. They helped put our minds at ease and walked each of us through the whole Voluntary Disclosure process. With the help of Thorn Law Group we were able to get back into compliance and were able to avoid criminal prosecution.”- Former Client
- “The attorneys at Thorn got a handle on the situation immediately. They helped us file our returns, set up a payment plan with the IRS and negotiate reduced penalties with the Revenue Agent. Their decisive action enabled us to keep any penalties and interest to a manageable level, and we were able to overcome what could have ended up being a very costly and time-consuming interruption to our business with minimum hassle.”- Former Client
- “Mr. Thorn and his team were sensitive to our family’s needs and helped us identify and understand our options and potential risks associated with US and international activity. They also helped us to ensure our complex structure of international accounts and asset holdings are in compliance with US tax and disclosure laws through the IRS offshore voluntary disclosure program.”- Elena Cardaropoli
CASES WE HANDLE
The team at Thorn Law Group is ready to assist clients with any of the following areas or services:
- Business Tax Law
- Criminal Tax Law
- Offshore Bank Accounts
- International Tax
- IRS Audits & Litigation
- IRS Voluntary Disclosures
- Trusts /Estates
- Wealth & Estate Planning
- FATCA Tax Law
- IRS Health Care
- Whistleblower Office
- IRS Office of Professional Responsibility
- 2016 Updates to IRS Amnesty Program
ABOUT BALTIMORE, MARYLAND
Baltimore is the largest city in the state of Maryland. The city played a crucial role during the War of 1812, when Francis Scott Key wrote the Star-Spangled Banner here. Today, Baltimore is home to the second-largest Mid-Atlantic seaport and is perhaps most recognized as the site of the internationally-renowned Johns Hopkins Hospital.
Named for: Cecil Calvert, second Lord Baltimore
- Total: 92.1 sq mi (239 km2)
- Land: 80.9 sq mi (210 km2)
- Water: 11.1 sq mi (29 km2)
- 2010 Census: 620,961
- Density: 7,671.5 sq/mi (2,962.0 km2)
LET OUR BALTIMORE TAX ATTORNEYS HELP YOU
You deserve to have a confidential and trustworthy experience when discussing a tax-related issue with a lawyer. When you work with one of the Baltimore tax attorneys from Thorn Law Group, you can rest easy knowing your privacy will be respected and your case will be handled with a trusted legal professional. If you have questions or are ready to discuss your tax matters, do not hesitate to contact either our Maryland office at (240) 235-5096 or our Washington, DC office at (202) 349-4033. You may also submit an online request.